This blog is going to be taken over by exam related-posts for the next few months. I won't be too insulted if you stop reading. A little, sure, but I would have to actually check my stat counter to know, and I just don't see that happening anytime soon.
So I spent most of the day reading for exams. I say most because I took a two-hour lunch and a two-hour nap, and somehow lost an hour between them. But, I have read and made notes for two books today. Luckily, I have notes and annotations for some of the texts on my lists since I've used most of them before, so I'm recycling whenever possible.
What is bothering me though is how the hell do you study for something when you don't know what you're studying for, have never done anything like this before, and will never do anything like this again? It's just weird.
I did not make my goal, but it only the first day of dedicated studying. First lesson learned--eat a light lunch so as to avoid the need for napping. I did talk a walk during my long lunch, which was very good and something I should do every dedicated study day. Another lesson learned--my lists are too long. Seriously, I have made this harder than it needs to be.
I think I need to talk to some successful exam-takers and see how they studied.
No comments:
Post a Comment