I am amazed at how quickly one (and I do mean me) can get behind. This is a sure sign that I am doing too much and just contributing to the English-teacher-as-martyr myth. But I don't know what to cut!
When the journal in your sub-field asks you to do two reviews, don't you have to say yes? And when multiple conferences in your sub-field come up in the same semester, don't you have to apply? And then attend when your proposals are accepted? And when your position has just been made permanent (as opposed to being a one-year position), don't you have to do service to the department in order to keep it? And when you teach writing classes, don't you have to assign some papers? And then read and comment on them? And when you're in grad school, don't you have to do the reading?
Yes. I think so. And yet, I spent most of today, the only weekday where I have nothing scheduled and is therefore a "work day," napping and watching Star Trek. Yes. I am tired. It is not Star Trek's or the bed's fault that I am behind; they juts make it easier to cope with the stress. I've already had one meltdown this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment