I fucking hate filling out applications. You know what the hardest thing about grad school is for me? Applying to get in. Writing the papers? The never-ending reading of theory? The being told your work isn't really specialized methodology and you have to do it again? Easy. I like to write and read, and I can take criticism. But filling out the application, having to prove I belong there, having to pimp myself? That is nerve-wracking. That turns my stomach into an acid factory.
I currently have two grant applications to fill out for conference funding. I will certainly get the one from School Where I Teach, fully funded. I may not get the one from School Where I Learn, and if I do get it, it will probably be partially funded (even though I'm only asking for airfare). School Where I Teach's application is easy. School Where I Learn's application was devised to inflict torture. I swear to you it is designed so people just give up and and don't fill it out. And, because of how I paid for the plane ticket, I might not be able to prove to the satisfaction of the Money Lords that I actually paid for it. I fucking hate applications.
No comments:
Post a Comment