Thursday, August 30, 2007

Bread & Cheese

So today I was a part of a big discussion group where I was supposed to talk about my teaching for a particular area, and there were so many people talking, I barely got a word in. And what I had to say was so far afield from everyone else. Their strategies were all "this is great and I'm going to do it this way!" My strategy was trying to engage burnt out students. And they're all teaching content-specific classes while I'm teaching methodology (if that makes sense). It was eh.

Then I gave a paper as part of the university-gave-me-a-grant-and-now-I-must-prove-it-was-worth-it song and dance. I got lots of compliments on it. It was nice to say "I study this particular area of literature and pop culture," and have people go "I love that area!" rather than "why?"

Than I came home and napped. And have not read my work for tomorrow. Le sigh. Why am I so tired?

Oh, I watched Smallville. It's weird, but I'm glad they're so invested in the Lex & Clark plot. I haven't watched it since the first season. But because that seems to be the main series plot, I was able to follow along.

I guess I should eat something. It was too hot for dinner earlier. If only I could live on bread and cheese.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very busy day!

I, too, find bread and cheese to be the perfect meal. So simple, yet so good.