Monday, August 27, 2007

Good Lord, what have you gotten yourself into?

The week of never-ending meetings has begun. Suck ass. I mean , yay! I have a billion things to do, but am apparently way ahead of everyone else in my department. So far ahead in fact, that I spent a few minutes after the department meeting today giving away my assignments and syllabi. I have no problem sharing the work (I certainly don't make up everything from scratch), but it's a little weird to be that far ahead of everyone. And it's not because I'm super-productive; it's because they have procrastinated a bit longer than advisable. And I rock a mean essay assignment. My goal this semester is to only grade the big essays. All smaller essays are now being handled by peer evaluations. I have 81 students as of today, so even with that little sacrifice this semester will be horrendous. And I'm already behind in my homework for the classes I'm taking. Le sigh.

1 comment:

shakabusatsu said...

I shakabusatsu concur that you rock. Whole-heartedly.