Sunday, January 08, 2006

Greetings, with photos

Happy New Year ya'll! I am finally back in Island State. The first thing Husband and I did when we got back to the apartment was sleep for 15 hours. Apparently the 5-hour time difference had taken it's toll.

We were given mostly cash for Christmas (it's fits on a plane a bit easier) and I got some lovely jewerly (ring from Husband pictured below).


Husband has already spent a wad of his cash on a cool new bike.


His old bike broke (and I do mean broke as in pedals won't turn, gears won't change, etc.) and he rides to and from class since we're so close to the University. I have a bike. It's about 15 years old, but I'm afraid of riding on the street with cars. I saw someone on a bike get hit by an incredibly slow moving car when I lived in East Coast State - not pretty, although the biker was being very stupid.

Which leads me to my New Year's Resolutions:

1. Stop being afraid of stupid stuff
2. Be stronger (I generally like one vague resolution so I have wiggle room. "Stop being afraid of stupid stuff" is actually a sub-resolution in this category.)
3. Write more frequently and regularly

I usually have something about being healthier or losing weight on there, but this year I say no! Instead, I'm going to stop worrying about all of that stuff and just love me for who I am (who happens to be someone that is very healthy, or so the doctors tell me).

We've actually been back for a few days. Husband and I have rearranged our living room which looks more adult now (keep in mind that we live in a one bedroom apartment, so the living room is a dining room/living room/office/library - had we been on the mainland, we could have been making house payments). No pics though because as you can see from the bike photo, it's still a bit of a mess - piles of things needing new homes. We have also been playing Myst V - a fun game, but do have a few issues with it.

Classes start for Husband tomorrow. Mine don't start for a couple of weeks, which gives me time to work on the syallabi I haven't worked much (not at all) on.

No comments: