Monday, February 15, 2010

Why don't they listen!?

I just had a student email me to let me know that my suggestion that a particular topic would be difficult for the assigned essay "might not be so crazy after all" because research is scare.* So said student wants to know if ze can write about God. Also, ze knows I said they can't change their minds after a certain date (it's after that date), but ze thinks ze could "just type up another" proposal and go with that. Ze turned in the first proposal late because ze started it the night before it was due.

Ze also wants God to bless me.

Guess what I'm going to say?


*not why I thought the subject would be hard. There's plenty of research; ze just didn't pay attention on library day and so has not searched well at all. (I watched hir not pay attention.**) I thought the topic would be hard because it lends itself to a biography about how a childhood hero is awesome.

**That's not totally true. Ze paid attention, but did a lot of the "I already know this" nodding and tried to interrupt the nice soft-spoken librarian to correct hir. So ze paid attention, but didn't actually listen.

1 comment:

delagar said...

I love it when they want to write about God. It's my absolute favorite.