Thursday, February 18, 2010

Non-Sequential Paragraphs of Something

I've apparently forgotten how to work from home. I did get some grading and French homework done. But I didn't start until 2ish and spent way too much time checking the internet between papers. I am capable of focusing and working from home. I know I am.

Bah, this semester started off weird and I lack a schedule. I made one, but I can't follow it. Maybe I should print it out and hang it up on my wall? Aye, that I should.

Husband has suggested that I stop talking to myself as that is what crazy people do. I told him that geniuses do it too, But he said that, no, they were crazy geniuses.

Finishing my prospectus and the weird illness* has meant that I've been in panic/catch-up mode for the first month of classes, which is why my schedule is an ideal rather than a reality. That and doing the proofs for the book I co-edited.**

My prospectus defense is next week. My committee gave me some suggestions, but no one asked for revisions, so I think that means they expect to pass me unless I can't speak to their suggestions. Which are mostly along the lines of be bold! when discussing my intervention in the field.

If I finish one more stack of essays tonight, I'll be caught up. And after I pass my defense, I am going to try to get ahead a bit in the teaching area. I have one editing thing to do this weekend and 2 service things to do next week. Then I'm back on non-immediate deadlines. There's a big service thing I need to be doing, but the rest of the committee is over-committed too, so we haven't been meeting, and I am not the chair, so I'm letting it go.


*My throat swelled up and I slept a lot...might have been turning into a frog. should've watched that Disney movie for medical advice. haven't seen it yet.

**Did I mention that? We were reading proofs the first week of classes. It'll be out in a month or two. It has ulia-Jay oberts-Rray on the cover.

2 comments:

crookedtoes said...

Ummm...how did you tell me about this book and leave out ulia-Jay oberts-Ray?

"BIg mistake...big...HUGE!" (Pretty Woman)

delagar said...

I don't remember the book! More about the book!