Thursday, November 12, 2009

Listen to Sisyphus

So in answer yesterday's cry for help, Sisyphus said to write an email to someone and explain to them what my diss idea is and why it's cool. So I wrote an email to my mom, who is smart but doesn't know my field. And I wrote over 1000 words! And it is a good frame for my prospectus! It has no sources, obviously, but yay! And I have to change words like "stuff" and "cool" to specific things, but yay! And there are some sections where I realized that I need to go back and figure out how my project is really different (I kinda glossed over that), but yay! And there's still the whole lit review part, but yay!

Now, how does one write a literature review? Isn't this the only time in my life where I will have to do this?

Also, I wrote on my bathroom mirror in dry erase marker that I have to write. I
also wrote on my bathroom mirror in dry erase marker that writing crap is fine, as long as it is words. So when you snoop through my medicine cabinet, that is why there's a dry erase marker in there.

5 comments:

Sisyphus said...

Wow, it worked! Yay!


Does the marker come off the mirrors?

Tree of Knowledge said...

Yes. That's why I do it. Glass isn't porous, so the marker wipes off just like on a dry erase board.

delagar said...

Wow, what a great idea. Why didn't Sisyphus tell mr. delagar this last year when he was angsting about how to write his prospectus? Dude! The rum you would have saved me. Srsly!

Sisyphus said...

Dude, rum consumed is never wasted. Unless maybe you puke it back up again. Maybe.

Sisyphus's Patented Dissertating Advice works on chapters, too. Go try it out!

Tree of Knowledge said...

Mmmm. Rum. Yum.