Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sicko

Husband and I are about half way through Sicko and are having to take a break because it's just too upsetting. If we don't vent our frustrations, we'll not make it to the end of the movie.

This country is so stupid about money, and this health care reform mess is just such a mess. The Frankenstein Bill that finally goes forward to Obama is going to be so gutted that it won't mean a damn thing. There won't be any meaningful reform because it'll make rich people less rich (still rich mind you, just less so). And the people who voted these greedy bastards into office are going die because their deaths save the medical industry money. I just, grrrrrr.

My Canadian friend said (sometime during the Bush years) that she doesn't like it when liberals say they're going to move to Canada when they get pissed at the US system, and I don't blame her. But really, why would we not want to leave this country when we are never going to see any results from our efforts at reform?

Updated to add: We watched the extra footage of Tony Benn, and I feel less hopeless. Still unspeakably frustrated, but not hopeless. (I was going to link to his website, but the site is under construction, so Wikipedia will have to do.)

No comments: