Sunday, October 04, 2009

Done, done, done!

So my reappointment binder has been submitted. It's just for contract renewal, not promotion, so I wasn't worried. Big mistake. I totally underestimated the time it took to print all the evidence of my work. Sheesh. I worked right up until the deadline. I got it in on time (sans table of contents) and only cried once. But I'm still having aftershocks--why didn't I put that activity in the teaching section? It's a brilliant exercise! Procrastination and confidence are a bad combination. Don't let me procrastinate like this next time, people.

2 comments:

delagar said...

Gah. I *hate* doing those. Ours are due every April & I absolutely put them off until the last second, b/c they're so time-consuming & so useless.

They're SUPPOSED to help us when it's time to put together the portfolio for promotion, but as someone who just put together the promotion document last summer, I am here to tell you HA, they do not.

Ink said...

I'm always aware of the irony re: time spent talking about what I do, when I could be using that time to actually do it. ;)