- A student asked me to text him his conference time. This is only the latest of his comments that suggests he doesn't quite get college.
- What are the blog-appropriate gender neutral pronouns? Ze and zir? I can't keep track of this without help. I like ze though.
- I have the go ahead on writing my prospectus. So, my idea is apparently good, now I just have to write the prospectus and get a committee together.
- I'm conferencing with students until the end of the month. Which means my starting of the prospectus will be slow, and in short bursts.
- Next semester, I'm designing my syllabi with ME in mind, not my students. They need the one-on-one conferences, but I need to do them when it won't kill me.
- Also, I'm dropping a paper from one of my classes. I think.
- My zoo is doing well on Facebook.
- I've slept most of the weekend because of the migraine, but have come up for the occasional Stargate episode. Season 8 is now up on Hulu. I didn't see the last 5 seasons when they originally aired. The station that aired them showed them at 1am on Saturdays. Or was it 2am?
- I still haven't managed to incorporate exercise into my daily routine. Partially because my routine differs from day to day and working 10-12 hour days results in exhaustion. I can't wait until I'm done with student conferences.
- I still have 52 essays to grade.
- I deserve a raise.
The banes of my existence: two things I can't live without, but wish I could.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Random Bullets
Between student conferences, grading, and a weekend-long migraine, I have nothing that would constitute a full post. So, a few bullets:
Labels:
academia,
dissertation,
grad school,
more about me,
teaching
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's midterm time here at the U. of Arkansas-Pork Smith: essay time in two classes, midterm in another, portfolios due in the fourth. Ah, the leisurely life of the academic.
Post a Comment