Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fried Chicken

For the second time this week, I have ridden the bus home only to be tortured by the smell of delicious, delicious fried chicken the whole way. Today and Monday there was someone on the bus taking home fried chicken for dinner. It smells divine. I swear, I couldn't think of anything else the whole ride home.

But here's the kicker, I don't eat chicken. I'm a vegetarian and have no interest in eating fried chicken. If you gave me some, I'd say no thank you while inhaling its glorious scent. And really, it's not the chicken that's good (chicken is the tofu of the meat world--it's more likely to soak up flavor than contribute it). It's the chicken skin that's good--rolled in flour and herbs and spices and deep fried. Fat fried fat. yum. I think I'll have to fry something this weekend.

No comments: