I'm a little depressed. I think it's the I-don't-want-vacation-to-be-over-but-I've-got-cabin-fever kind of depression. Since I work all the time (which is why I needed the month long vacation--I'm not counting the week I was sick), I don't really know what to do with myself when I have free time. I have chore and organizing things to do, but no motivation. So I read and get bored and Husband and I get on each others' nerves because we're both at home a lot.
I thought this was going to be a navel-gazing, introspective post--the kind that borders between whiny and moving--but it seems to be turning into a list.
Reasonable things to accomplish Friday (posted online for motivational guilt):
- clean up living room
- some dusting & vacuuming in living room
- clean out home stuff filing cabinet
- wash pillows provided it's sunny (need the sun for drying)
- BONUS: straighten up my research files (this may be a multi-day project)
Despite being in grad school, and therefore supposed to know about electronic bibs and notes stuff, all of my notes are in hand on hard copies (I also have some multiples to sort through). I have no master bib. I think it might behoove me to start one as I start my diss. Any suggestions on free or basically free programs?
Sisyphus has a nice list up I can start with. Anything else?
2 comments:
I want to put in a plug for Zotero. I've used EndNote and a ton of other filing/bibliographic systems, but Zotero is the best one I've found, at least for my work in the humanities. It's free and works really well with OpenOffice and Word.
Oh, and I love the t-shirt you linked to on the 12th--I want one too!
K2, Zotero seems to be everyone's favorite. Sounds like I have a winner.
Post a Comment