Monday, February 02, 2009

Progress

Today is not a study day, and I read one criticism book anyway. yay!

What I am having trouble with, though, is Possession, which is on my exam reading list. I want to read this book--have wanted to for years. It's just the kind of thing that I love. But I just cannot seem to get anywhere with it. I pick it up to read it and just put it down. Can't. Open. Cover. Grrr. I started it on the bus today and was bored. And a little bussick. Ugh. But I shouldn't be bored! I think I'll put it aside and try something else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A quick look inside the book at Amazon explains why you had a hard time starting. It is rife with run-on sentences and four syllable words. Not easy to read. Maybe it'll get better after the plot has a chance to gel.
Momma

undine said...

Skip ahead a little. It gets better after the early parts.