I have to stop reading your column. Too often, I get agitated reading your column because either you or the writers of your letters say something stupid. You often base your advise on sexist stereotypes. When these things happen, I spend a brief amount a time fuming at the stupidity and sexism. Time I could have spent doing something else.
Now, the only reason I read Dear Abby in the first place is because I try not to read depressing stuff during my lunch. So I read light news--comics, humor columns, odd news, and popular stories. Sometimes I look at pictures of kittens. I do read serious news, but when I have time to think about it and devote to being stressed about it (basically, when I get home). Lunchtime is not a good time for me to get distracted by stuff. Your column is distracting, and I have filled my stupidity cup.
Goodbye Abby.
1 comment:
Absolutely right. This is why I've stopped, too.
Post a Comment