Saturday, November 08, 2008

Why is there no Fall break here?

Notice that my little word counter over there is still at zero. It's been a busy week. I plan on writing all day tomorrow and ignoring the 60 papers that have to be graded and returned next week. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the amount of work to do (but normal overwhelmed).

I'm wondering now if I should have set my academic word goal higher. I'm only counting words that go into my seminar paper. I've actually written several things this week, just nothing for my seminar paper. Oh well, the bar will move tomorrow.

I think I'm going to go read about terrorists now. It's for my theory class, not personal reading. I am planning no terror. But, if I can finish the book, then I can write up my short response and cross one thing off my list. This is my things to do this weekend list (it is unrealistic):
  1. finish reading terrorism book
  2. write 2-page response to terrorism book
  3. write 5-page essay (due Tuesday)
  4. french homework
  5. write 5 1-page responses to lectures I've attended this semester
  6. grade 40 4-page papers
  7. update qualifying exam lists to reflect decisions made this week
  8. work on making remaining decisions for exam lists
Items 1-4 are all I'm trying for now. I was migrainey today and so rested and napped a bunch. I did no work, which was really nice.

No comments: