Saturday, November 22, 2008

Tis a Rambly One

First, Husband took apart the keyboard to clean the crumbs out of it (yes, we eat at at the desk), and now the stupid space bar clanks. He "fixed" it once already. We'll have to try again because I cannot type with this noise and erratic spacing.

I did write anything this week for InaDWriMo, but that's okay. I did get bunches of other stuff done, including the preliminary meeting for my Comps. I panic though when I think about all that's left to do in 3 weeks.

This week when I discovered that I was running a low grade fever, I was relieved. That explained why I was so tired! I never got really sick, but it was nice to have a reason for feeling icky.

I just finished Barbara Kingsolver and family's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. It was pretty good, and very inspiring. If you like the idea of eating more locally grown food, but need a little push, hers is a good book to read. A friend of a friend said she didn't like the holier-than-thou tone (like really, you should be doing this because it's so easy), but I didn't get that at all from the book. I got that it's eaier than it seems, but that changing your habits and thinking about food is very hard. So yeah, I recommend it.

No comments: