Thursday, November 13, 2008

Je suis malade

I have had a stupid migraine all fucking week. Do you know how hard it is to grade with a migraine? It's not possible; that's how hard it is. And the meds make me tired and loopy. I went to bed at 9pm last night and slept till 9am this morning with the assumption that lack of sleep is probably at fault (as I'm not having my period which is the usual culprit, and stress-induced migraines usually only last a day or two). I was wrong as I was migraine-burdened by 3pm. I took meds and a nap. I feel less pained now, but too tired to grade. I have 40 papers to grade and one essay to edit. All of this should be done tomorrow. I told my students they would have their papers back this week. I hate when I'm wrong like that. I was so sure I'd have time to grade them, and I would have if not for the migraine, so it's not like I made a promise I couldn't keep. I feel like a bad teacher regardless. And I so don't have time to grade this weekend. I have a bunch of other shit to do. God, I hate this time of the semester.

1 comment:

CB said...

Oh, I hate it when that happens: you say you'll do something, but then you just can't. It's the end of the semester; I'm soo busy. I've been meaning to get my students their journals back for a week now.