Thursday, May 22, 2008

Birthday Shopping

My birthday was months ago, but I just now spent the gift cards and cash that was sent to me. I have $30 left and a plan for how to spend it. Want to know what my friends and family bought me?
  1. A fairy-tale t-shirt from SurLaLune that is of Arthur Rackham's illustration of "Goose Girl."
  2. And also this fairy-tale t-shirt from SurLaLune that is of Warwick Goble's illustration of "The Seven Doves."
  3. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield.
  4. The Highly Effective Detective by Richard Yancey.
  5. Windflower by Nick Bantock and Edoardo Ponti.
  6. Dancing Barefoot by Wil Wheaton.
  7. The Swan Kingdom by Zoe Marriott.
  8. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on DVD.
  9. And Radio's Greatest Detectives, which is a bunch of old radio shows on CD. This is mainly for when I'm washing dishes and there's nothing on the BBC.
Riveting stuff, I know. But now that the semester is over, I actually have time to celebrate my birthday. I'm 30.

1 comment:

undine said...

I have Radio's Greatest Detectives (or something very like it) and agree: those are great to listen to when you're doing something else.