Friday, February 01, 2008

I hate the finaincial aid office.

I checked my university account online today, the one where every record about you that you have access to is accessible. I have a hold on my account. Apparently, I have not paid my tuition this semester.

I took out a loan to cover tuition, and my financial aid HAS NOT GONE THROUGH! It's fucking February. Where is my money?

I teach full-time, so I make enough to pay all of our bills, rent, and the occasional lunch-on-the-run (okay, they're not occasional; they're all of the time because I work too damn much). Husband has a fellowship that basically covers his tuition and some supplies. He does not have a job on top of that. This is a good thing. I did my master's work with an assistanceship and he worked full-time; it's only right that he have the same opportunity.

Now, we're okay. But I took out the stupid loan (accruing more debt) so that I wouldn't have to worry about every penny we spend just to make sure that we can both afford to go to graduate school. The loan isn't much, but it covers my tuition, books and the other things that my paycheck doesn't cover. I need that money to clear.

I will be so pissed if the financial aid's office slow-ass disbursement fucks up my semester. I would have called them today to complain, but the office closes at 3:00 (wtf?!), and I didn't check my account until 3:30.

The bright side is that because this happened, I could complain about it instead of my yeast infection. That is a post of a different color.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope that all your woes clear soon and very soon.

-ilnizzzah

k8 said...

Ouch! I hope it all works out soon.