While I was in Landlocked State, Sister and I went shopping for pants that fit. This shouldn't be a hard thing to do, after all, we both wear 14-petites. It is not easy. The 14-petites that fit me in the waist are too tight on her and the ones that fit her in the waist are too big for me--not my a lot, but by just enough to make one depressed.
I found pants that fit really well at Lane Bryant--the Venezia brand (though the sales lady there was seriously stupid as she tried putting Sister and me in clothes about 4 sizes too big). But Lane Bryant pants did not fit Sister. I like LB because they have lots of petites in 14s, most stores do not carry that many petites in that size.
Old Navy, for example, had three pairs in a style that fit Sister really well and were flattering. They technically fit me too, but not well enough to make me buy them. Sister bought all three pairs, after we had to convince her that it was okay to buy three pairs of jeans. Her shape has changed a bit after the baby was born; the weight has settled differently so that even though she weighs the same as before the pregnancy, none of her pants fit. She's always been a size or two smaller than me, but now we have the same hips. She's also shorter, so the petite thing is even more crucial for her.
I did have my aunt hem a new pair of pants for me while I was there, and had her explain how to hem cuffed pants. I have two pair I've been putting off hemming for a while, since I don't have a sewing machine.
Yeah, this is a vapid post, but it's what I have. and OMG I found pants that fit and are flattering!
3 comments:
That's a feat for anyone! Congrats!
Pants that fit are a very serious subject! Women's clothing sizes are screwed up - I often wish we could get pants according to measurements like guys do.
Greetings! I really love your blog, and I don't think "pants that fit" is at all vapid: I try to tell myself it's a sacred quest, but most of the time it feels like a pain in the reason-most-pants-don't-fit-me.
Can't wait to read more!
Kathryn
Post a Comment