Sunday, January 20, 2008

Look, it's a blog post!

Here's the thing. I have no desire to blog. That's not right. I want to want to blog, but when I get to the computer, I just watch Xena. Netflix has made the online watching of movies unlimited, and I am, um, abusing that.

Maybe it's beacuse I've only been back for one week. This week, husband has engineered a moving art-piece, installed it, and helped put up an art show (opening is today; he is currently putting up labels before it opens. I am about to watch Xena while I eat, ah, brunch). I have created three syllabi (4 classes and 3 preps). Two of the courses involve new books, and all of the classes involve me not being a martyr and putting more work on the students (as in, removing the step where I hold their hands and check up on them. This is the semester of "if you don't do the work, you fail. I give up on trying to make you learn, and will not feel guilty when you fail.").

Also, classes at School Where I Learn started this week. I'm only taking one class, but it's outside of my department and area, so I may need to do more work. So far not, but it is only the first week and I have not done my reading for week two yet. Did I mention the never-ending meeting of doom? Yes, that was Wednesday--all day Wednesday.

And I miss my dad.

I'm not going to dwell on what I need to do. Oh, and I was sick this week. I brought back sickness from Landlocked State. Husband's birthday was last weekend, but we were sick, so we didn't do anything. We're going out to dinner tonight for it.

Wow, I'm a big ball of negativity and complaining. But that's okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss daddy too.

-sis