Sunday, February 09, 2014

Bad Dreams

I have had unsettling dreams every night of this pregnancy. I wouldn't call them nightmares because most are just unsettling or occasionally disturbing; quite often they are violent and someone is being hurt, so they aren't at all pleasant. But I don't wake up scared or anything and can usually just go back to sleep. Last night was a bad dream though. I've had a few of those. Again, I didn't wake up scared, but since I dreamed someone was stalking me and then shot me twice in the head, it was difficult to go back to sleep.

When I was going off my migraine meds before getting pregnant, we had to slow down the dosage decrease because I was having really bad dreams several times a week. Not as often as now, but I was always dying in those and they were very vivid and upsetting. So between those dreams and these dreams, I've gotten really used to bad dreams in the last year.

In other news, my brain won't shut up. It keeps a running dialogue going on everything, and I can't make it stop. I know it's just pregnancy-hormone induced anxiety because most of what my brain keeps harping on is stuff that I'm not at all worried about. Some of it I don't even care about at all, but apparently my brain must fixate on something. It's very weird to be fixated on something that you know does not matter and you have no concerns about it but can't seem to let it go. I seem to be having a problem relaxing.

No comments: