Saturday, February 02, 2013

Oatmeal Cookies

We made the best oatmeal cookies. Husband bought some raisins at Costco, and there was a recipe for cookies on the package, so we were like, why not? But we made changes, changes that made these cookies SO good.

Awesome change #1. We didn't have any brown sugar so we mixed 2 tbsp of molasses with one cup of sugar (which is the equivalent of using dark brown sugar). Molasses is great.

Awesome change #2. We doubled the cinnamon--2 tsps.

Awesome change #3. We added nutmeg and allspice.

Awesome change #4. We doubled the vanilla.

Awesome change #5. We replaced the regular sugar with Splenda. I don't know if this made the cookies awesome or not, but we did it.

I always double the vanilla and cocoa powder in other cookie recipes, and I increased the spices last time we made gingerbread cookies, so I think it's safe to say, ALWAYS double the spices/flavoring when baking cookies. It makes the cookies awesome.

1 comment:

Anthea said...

Oh I always double the spices/flavouring when it comes to cookies especially oatmeal raisin. Yours sound scrumptious btw.