Migraines make me whiny, as you well know. I talked to my doc and we're increasing my daily meds as of today. I'm not up to the most common therapeutic level yet, so it's no biggie. I hope it makes a difference.
My fantasy class is going good so far. It's nice to have people do the reading and be interested in discussing it and have opinions about it. They talk! Without threats! I so look forward to teaching more majors courses.
And a brand new freshman who wants to specialize in my narrow specialty came in to meet me today. She was super excited, and it was awesome. After she left, my office mate said"You need to hurry up and finish so you can be running a department when she graduates and hire her." I'm excited about a student who was thrilled to meet me because she didn't know that it was possible to specialize in this area. Someone looks up to me! I'm a role model!
The diss is moving slower than it should due to a week of computer problems, a weekend of fail, and the migraines. But there is progress. Now I'm going to do a little bit of prep for class tomorrow so I can spend all morning in diss mode.
I made a schedule, but I'm not really following it. It takes me too long to wake up in the morning. I can't decide if I should redo the schedule or stick it out a little longer.
There is no reason that this post is titled "teapots" other than I had "I'm a little teapot" stuck in my head. There, now it's yours.
1 comment:
Good for you on sticking to the schedule a little longer. Thanks for the teapot diddy; it's a happy tune, even if it does evoke images of being poured out and used up.
Love, Momma
Post a Comment