Sunday, February 05, 2012

I Have the Power!

I had to work for 7 hours and 15 minutes to do it, but I sent the draft of my introduction to my chair meeting my first dissertation deadline of the semester. That's actual working hours, no breaks included in those numbers. I leveled up three fucking levels on my Diss Wars character over there in the side bar.

I did not think I would make this deadline as I had a week of computer problems (that included one terrifying day of not being to find my dissertation--my backup was a week out of date), and then a second week of migraine, on top of the already stressful fact that this was the first two weeks of classes.

But I did it. I am awesome. And I will play Dragon Age tomorrow to celebrate. Tonight, I will unwind for a bit so I don't dream about my intro and go to sleep.

*Yes, I know that is He-Man's catch phrase, not She-Ra's, but I don't like She-Ra's catch phrase.

Edited Monday to add: That was 7.25 hours yesterday, all in one day. Including breaks that was all day. I did work earlier this week too though. I was rereading this post and it seemed like I only spent 7.25 hours in the last two weeks, and that is incorrect. I want the appropriate level of awe. ;)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Great job!