Sunday, August 07, 2011

[Applause]

I actually made my writing goal this week. In terms of hours put in, well, I didn't do that. My goal is 3-4 hours at least 5 days a week. I did about 6 hours of actual work this week. More if I include thinking and procrastinating. I don't count thinking because I think about this all of the time that I'm not actively focused on something else. And procrastinating, well, I've been playing Dragon Age which doesn't count as productive at all. But I did draft and revise the section I wanted to have finished this week and sent it of to my diss writing group. Which is great! When I get feedback, I'll add it to the rest of chapter, write a new conclusion and then be done with this chapter for this stage. I just wanted to celebrate getting work done. I'm very good at chastising myself for not working, and I need to spend more time applauding myself for accomplishing things. Yay accomplishing things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*applauding* Yay for accomplishing things indeed!