Monday, June 21, 2010

Not Even Close to Being French

Almost French by Sarah Turnbull, one of the few non-fiction books I've read so far, will make you want to live in France. My French teacher gave it to me for my birthday; I've just now read it. She said it was the best book she's read about what contemporary France is actually like--a good book to read before you go to France. We have no plans to go to France, but now I want to. Now I'm regretting not checking out French books from my uni's library before they moved the foreign language books into storage for summer remodeling. She also gave me three slim volumes of French fables. They will have to do until the remodeling is done. Oh, wait! I can try the other uni's library! I'm going to check out The Little Prince in French. What else is good for someone with two years of college French to read?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read Le Petit Prince for college French class. It was a pleasurable memory.
Momma