Friday, June 25, 2010

I dyed.

Husband and I dyed our bedroom curtains this week. We tie-dyed them indigo two years ago, and it was lovely. At night when the wind blew the curtains in, the light spots looked like floating jellyfish. But they faded and were a pale purple. So, we redyed them. We wanted dark because our bedroom is really BRIGHT without dark curtains. But the brown was not dark enough, so we added black to the mix, agitated for the fifteen minutes the RIT box says to agitate (neither of us felt like stirring fabric for 30 minutes), then let them soak overnight. We washed them the next morning and now we have curtains the color of dutch cocoa. I slept until 10:30 this morning. The bedroom is so dark now. I love it.


Also, before . . .

after . . .

and in the sun!

No comments: