Since Wednesday afternoon (so 48 hours), I've read 4 books. I've also logged some Warcraft time and vacuumed and did some laundry and other stuff (which involved spending some saved up birthday money). But yeah, I'm an addict who reads too fast.
I have a presentation for a non-academic audience conference coming up, so I have to work on that starting next week. But I'm giving myself all of May as a vacation (Well, except for the first 17 days when I was still working). I imagine the reading will slow down when I start presentation and diss work next week. But of course that means lots of critical reading.
More suggestions! More suggestions!
6 comments:
4 books!?? Were they all off your summer reading list? Were they good? Any recommendations for me? :)
Yeah, 6-9 on the list. Janet Evanovich is wonderful. I laughed so much reading Plum Lucky that I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy. I was laughing too hard to read at one point. So I highly recommend the Stephanie Plum series by Evanovich. I think there are 20 books now, but 4 don't have numbers in the title.
The A.M.Smith is the latest in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series. I really like those too.
The Galenorn is a pretty standard fantasy series.
Okay, I haven't read the Stephanie Plum series at all, but this (your reading it in less than 48 hours) is a great recommendation. I will have to look it up. :)
You must read Stephanie Plum. MUST.
Have you read The Time-Traveler's Wife? Excellent!
I can't spell the writer's name, sadly. Nfind,,,,nah. But look under the title, you'll find it.
There was also another book by her, which I actually read first. It's good too. I can't remember the title of that one at all. It was really good, though.
I've read The Time-Traveler's Wife, but I didn't realize she had other books. I'll look her up.
Post a Comment