That's the time I've been waking up to pee this week. My clock is set 10 minutes fast to try to keep me from being late (doesn't really work). I've been waking up a lot at night--every two hours or so, usually 3 or 4 times. Earlier in the week, I decided it's because I drink too much water. So I didn't drink anything after 8 or so. That night. I woke up thirsty twice. Last night I only woke up the one time though. Which means I slept for a solid five hours. That is a record, people. I used to sleep well, but this semester has sucked.
I also had teaching stress dreams last night (yesterday was the last day of class) and woke up this morning thinking "she stole my pen." Yesterday, a student did steal a pen. It's the one I use to sign things, black and very inky. I realized she walked off with it when she got to the elevator, but didn't think I needed to go after her. I mean, it's a pen. I have a bunch at my desk and can go get another inky black one from the supply office if I need it. And I collect the pens that get left behind in my classrooms, so I always have extras for the students who don't bring them. But apparently it bothered me as I woke up thinking about it.
Last week was a 60 hour work week. This happens regularly. In fact, until my prospectus defense in February (yay ABD!), that was the norm. But, dude, last week was all student-related work. I put in a bunch of extra hours in last-minute conferences. I always beg students to come see me before their portfolios are due and usually only 3 or 4--maybe 5--do. This semester, 26. 26 half-hour conferences plus 20 minutes per student reading essays to prep for conferences. And I had 6 people cancel (that's in addition to the 26 that showed) and a few quick-question drop ins. What happened? This is good because it means that I should have lots of A portfolios turned in during finals next week. I like when my students earn A's. But damn. That's an unusual turn out.
1 comment:
ALIEN!!
Post a Comment