You know what happens when you start a lower-your-cholesterol diet that only allows for 13 grams of saturated fat per day? You lose weight. I knew I would drop some weight, but I'm surprised that I lost 5 pounds the first week. And, honestly, I've been getting more than 13 grams of SF because I haven't been counting the fat in granola and almonds.
(SF is usually how I abbreviate science-fiction, so I am very amused right now at the thought that sci-fi can be measured in grams. It makes an odd sort of logical sense, no?)
This is not going to become a diet blog; I am just surprised.
I'm also a little preoccupied with my health right now. My PCP put me on the cholesterol diet, she and my OBGYN changed my birth control, and my neurologist started me on a new migraine med this week. I'm trying to be better with vitamins and exercise as they all told me to do that. This is what happens when you schedule all of your yearlys within a month of each other. (I also had my regular eye exam--no change there--and met with a nutritionist). I hope I don't bore you with health whining.
Now, unrelated fun:
No comments:
Post a Comment