At least this time it's a cold and not some weird turning-into-a-frog disease. But ugh, people, I am never going to get caught up. Ever.
About the book, because delager asked, I co-edited a collection of essays on this theory. My co-editor deals with this theory in film in her work, and I deal with it in a cool genre in mine. When she and the previous co-editor did a call for papers, half of the submissions were in my genre, so they asked me to read abstracts and consult. Then previous co-editor got a swanky admin gig and stepped out, and I stepped in. Now, the book is being published in the next few months. We decided that it would be nice if, in addition to arguing for a shift in the theory field, undergrads could understand the articles, so we worked very closely with the contributors to put together a collection of scholarly essays that students could understand. I'm super excited because I worked so hard on this project and I am so thankful to not have to work on it anymore. Seriously, couldn't do it if I wanted to. For all the weaknesses I'm sure the collection has, it is super awesome to be done. And if you want to know what it is, email me and maybe I'll tell you. treeofknow at yahoo. I'm sure I there are more interesting things to say about the book, but my head is full of tissues at the moment. Oh, that famous actress is on the cover because one of the essays mentions a movie she was in. It should really be a fun collection to use in a classroom. Lots of cool texts are analyzed.
3 comments:
Thanks! Tell us the title, too, though! Do you know the title yet? How can we buy it if we don't know the title?
Cool -- TNX! You can self-destruct now!
Post a Comment