Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Break, in bullet form

  • Worked on paper for incomplete; did not finish it. I have about seven pages and some structure to go.
  • Went to the Shore on the North of the island to hang out with friend and her kids (who are older than me) and their kids (kindergartenish). Had super fun time.
  • While at Shore on the North of the island, camped at Super-Awesome-Beach-campground. Where there are chickens.
  • On Thursday, I burnt the hell out of my skin. It is not the worst sunburn I have ever had. Not even close, but owie*, owie, ouch. (I wore loads of SPF 50 sunscreen and constantly reapplied, so no lectures).
  • On Friday, THIRTY CHICKENS invaded my campsite. The pictures did not come out.
  • Friend gave me a bag of garlic. Yes, a BAG of garlic--many, many heads. I did not ask for it.
  • Saturday and Sunday, played new computer game to distract me from the itchy pain as my sunburn heals.
  • Spent most of Sunday drunk and playing computer games. I was trying to numb the itchiness.
  • Last night, dreamt one of my students made a smartass comment about my sunburn. My dream response: "It's the vampire blood. It makes me sensitive to the sun."
  • I do so love my subconscious brain at times.
  • Today, I put a bra on for the first time since Thursday morning.
  • This evening, took bra off as soon as I got home. Am trying desperately not to scratch my insanely itchy back. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
  • How am I supposed to write my paper when I want to stab myself in the back?

*The third definition is what I am calling your attention to here, though I am using the second.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I want someone to make fun of your sunburn just so you can use that line! It's awesome!