Friday, June 29, 2007

My dad is awesome every day, and books!

I forgot to post a "my dad is awesome" post on father's day, 'cause he is. So, my dad is awesome. Pretend it's father's day (should I be capitalizing that "F"?).

And Daddy, if you're reading this, expect 2 Monk books in the mail when I finish reading the new one I bought today.

My parents read my blog.

My dad and I read lots of mysteries and so I send him the ones I buy but don't want to keep forever and ever. But I mostly check them out from the library. Currently, I'm have out from the library:
But those are just the mysteries. I also have out:
  • The Starter Wife by Gigi Levangie Grazer (GayProf has review of the mini-series which is pretty accurate for the book too, plus the book has scary-feminist & liberal college profs stereotypes tossed in by the narrator, but there are moments that are so biting--that mean-is-funny humor--that are fabulous and make the book not a waste of time.)
  • Faerie Tale by Raymond E. Feist (Haven't read it yet, but found it when browsing and it retells "The Erl King." Apparently it's scary.)
  • Magic for Beginners by Kelly Link (The "Stone Animals" story freaked me out a bit, so I've stopped reading this before bed. It's not particularly scary, but I just find the concept scary. She's a wonderful writer.)
Ooh, ooh! It's Friday night fireworks in Super-Famous-Tourist-Beach. It's happens every Friday night for 5 minutes. I can kinda see them from my lanai. Fireworks are big here. Every celebration (including TGIF apparently) involves fireworks. When our power was out for a day because of that earthquake last October that knocked the power out for the ENTIRE island, when the power came back on (after I had gone to bed), the neighbors celebrated with fireworks.

No comments: