I'm writing two papers (though not at this very moment) and grading a stack of papers that my students did NOT fucking revise like they were told to (but not at this very moment). I hate being so busy. I want to be able to enjoy the wonderful Spring weather by sitting outside and napping in the sun. Instead I am sitting at a computer desk. Lovely. The problem with being an academic writer is that you live at your computer desk.
And to preempt your suggestion, I can't work outside because the wind prevents me from grading with any speed and outside is a lovely distraction to writing Pseudonymous Papers. And a break is not really an option since I came home early and took a nap as I was exhausted and expecting a long, arduous, painful night sitting at the computer desk.
Soon it will be summer. I will have lost Spring, but at least the semester will be over. Anyone want to send some good cheer my way? I appear to be in a funk.
1 comment:
I'm coming late to the post, but I'm in a bit of a funk too . . . so I will send some Virginia Spring cheer your way and hope your mood has improved!
Post a Comment