Thursday, April 19, 2007

CRISIS!

What do you do when everyone that you talk to when you are in crisis is away from their phones, and you are in crisis, CRISIS!?!?!

This, while no life-threatening crisis, is still a CRISIS, and the anxiety is keeping me from doing the work that I need to do.

So here's the deal, there are two courses being offered next semester that are PERFECT for me--like they were designed specifically with me in mind I tell you. I may not be able to take either. One is a course I've taken before (same seminar title and number, different focus within the field--both the field and sub-field are my speciality). The other conflicts with my teaching schedule (the class I'm teaching gets out at the exact time the bus I need to be on leaves).

I am 94% positive that I will be able to take both--that one can retake a course under a different focus and receive credit for it, and that my department chair will switch my conflicting class with a better-timed unassigned adjunct section. But I am not confident, and so I have CRISIS anxiety. I need to talk it over with someone to remove the CRISIS anxiety, BUT THERE IS NO ONE HERE!

But you, oh great Internet of blogginess and blogitude, have not forsaken me. Will you remove my CRISIS anxiety?

Here are my back-up plans:
  1. Take the course without credit with the goal of writing a publishable article & let my class out early everyday so I can catch the bus.
  2. Audit the first course and write a publishable article & arrive 5-10 minutes late every day, sweaty from running, to the second course.
  3. Take neither course and cry, cry, cry, cry, cry, cry. There are other good courses being offered. (though the following semester, all courses will suck ass--for me anyway, others will love them; it's just that none have anything to do with what I'm doing, even though one would be fun. That is my semester for taking courses outside the department.)
At least, we have peanut butter.

I searched my blog so I could link to the post where I described opening the refrigerator door while PMSing and craving peanut butter only to find none, and then sitting in the floor with an open fridge door crying because we had no peanut butter, and calling Husband because we had no peanut butter, but I couldn't find it. Apparently I didn't write it. And I just now got up to check and make sure that we have peanut butter, and we do not have peanut butter, but we do have Mayan Chocolate ice cream from Haagen-Dazs, so I am not crying, but I so would be if we didn't have the ice cream, but now I wish I had bought the Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream too beceuse we don't have peanut butter .

No comments: