I should be writing right now, but I'm just so tired.
My article has had the "final" copyedits done before publication.
I have 3 really tight pages and 7 rambling ones for my final essay for the class I'm taking. I was hoping to have a draft completed by tomorrow afternoon so I could give it to my prof for feedback (it's due Tuesday). Maybe I can do enough tomorrow. But if all else fails, I could email it to her Friday and ask to meet with her Monday morning. Hmmm. But then it would have to be practically finished. Of course, I'm a perfectionist, so it would have to be "practically perfect in every way" (Mary Poppins) anyway. (See, unlike my students, I attribute my quotes to actual sources instead of "some people."
Mohawk kid: Can I take the final early?
Me: Why?
MK: The Motley Crue concert is the night before.
Me: No
WTF? I wanted to go to that, but am I? No. Why? Because there is no way I can convince Husband to go and I'm too wussy to go by myself. But MK is 18. I'm barely old enough to be a Crue fan. How does he qualify?
Good news: I was asked to renew my contract for next semester! I was not expecting that since I was supposed to back to adjunct ranks. yay!
Husband has a good book idea, so he's working on that instead of his take home final.
We bought Christmas cards. Must mail out soon.
Yawn.
No comments:
Post a Comment