But the article is finished! Yay! Now all I have to do is take the GRE again on Saturday, find time to study for it, grade the rest of the god-damn-mother-fucking-essays my students keep turning in (you'd think I was teaching a writing class or something), go to Husband's art opening, plan my classes for next week (last week of class, so easy - final exam already made), copy the final exam, and write a draft of a 10-15 page essay (which is still in the Elysian fields) - all by Tuesday.
Ok, so maybe Elysian fields isn't the right metaphor. But you get the picture - I haven't written the essay yet; it's all etheral or ephemeral and shit. It's in my head, I think. So of course, I'm blogging. Damn it. I'm going to grade now. I have to get these essays out of the way.
I just hate grading them because I keep writing the same things over and over:
- You need a clear statement of your thesis.
- Why?
- What is your reasoning behind this?
- Explain your thinking here.
- Do you have any evidence to support that claim?
- How do you know?
- Actually, that assumption is false. A more accurate statement would be . . .
I mean, they're supposed to be learning how to write. Doesn't that mean they should pay attention to previous comments I've made and to what I say in class?
Ok, enough bitching.
Ooooooohhhhh. Husband just walked in the door with oreos!
No comments:
Post a Comment