Sunday, August 24, 2014

Updates Because Babies

I've been meaning to sit down and write a post for a while. I've had several good ideas (which I've since forgotten), but every time I think of doing it, babies happen. "Oh babies" has become a mild curse in our house. It is a sign of frustration. Or maybe it takes the place of "reasons." I can't do it because reasons babies. Get spit up on the clean shirt you've been wearing for less than 5 minutes? Oh babies. Sit down to eat lunch and the baby wakes up from nap? Oh babies. Hear the sounds of pooping on your way back from the diaper change table? Oh babies. It's a baby-related term of resigned exasperation. But a pleasant one because it's hard to get mad a baby. It means sigh, this is my life now because babies are cute.

My baby is big. Ze's already 17 pounds at 3 and a half months. Ze's also long. Ze looks like an older baby. Because ze is big, people like to call hir chubby and chunky and make jokes about how much we feed hir. Ze's not fat, people; ze's growing fast. Appropriate comments are "wow, ze's gotten so big" and "ze's growing so fast!" Not "look at those fat rolls." No need to give the infant body image issues. I know that it isn't meant to be a negative comment, but it's hard not to take it that way. And I totally get the need to comment on hir appearance. Ze's a baby; hir list of accomplishments to rave about is quite short. But the comments that imply that ze weighs too much are unnecessary. How about, "ze's adorable!" And "look at the smile!" Ze smiles and laughs a lot.

Apparently aunts are witches because they want to eat babies. Both of Baby's aunts talk about wanting to eat hir because ze's so cute. I don't remember being that way about my niece and nephew, who are nonetheless absolutely adorable.

Baby has been squealing a lot today. Ze's a vocal baby; talks all day. I can't tell if these squeals mean something or if they are just practice sounds and "look at what I can do!" squeals. Ze has a new "I'm hungry" squeal.

I wish I could blog about the fails at my work. You would be both horrified and amused. You probably would not be enraged because you do not work there, but you might be.

Why does blogger think that beacsue is a misspelling of beachwear? I mistype because every time.

1 comment:

Do One Thing said...

Apna Showroom’s handcrafted brass diyas for puja illuminate every sacred ritual. Perfect Diyas for Puja for festivals or Ganpati diyas puja, they bring peace and positivity. Complement rituals with gangajal lota container or brass kalash Haridwar. For holistic living, Apna Showroom also offers Rudraksha mala panchmukhi,Apna Showroom Baby's Cotton Fancy Colorful Panties or Bloomers (0-3 Months, Multicolour)-12 Pieces Fancy and Designers
Apna Showroom Women's Red Rose Flower Hair Clip/Brooch for men - women Vintage women hair flower rose hair accessories rose hair pin hair pins women stylish flower hair accessories women artificial flowers hair styling (Large 5 color rose) | hair pins for women stylish girls
APNA SHOWROOM Attractive Rings for Women 10 PCS Combo Ring Set Crafted Rings for Women and Girls
fishnet stockings for women, pantyhose stockings, black net socks, and accessories like tic tac hair clips and clutcher for women, alongside lice combs for hygiene. Tradition and lifestyle merge beautifully in one collection.