Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Well, that was a fun month.

Since complaining about my violent dreams, I haven't had one. Until last night. The lack of bloody dreams coincided with the start of my third trimester, so I thought "woohoo! stage over!" I was wrong. I've still had anxiety dreams, don't get me wrong, but they did not involve killing and torture and lots of blood. One of the pregnant ladies on reddit called her dreams murderscapes, which is fitting. Last night's mess did not involve me having to save anyone (including myself), so that was a change. I was just a witness. There was a lot of complicated stuff in the beginning of the dream that clearly comes out of anxiety about my job and the future of my university. Then I joined a bunch of people for a big presentation in a warehouse. We had to sit a concrete floor. I was sitting behind Grant Imahara and Adam Savage, who came in right before it started. I'm not really sure what the presentation was about. Someone came in and started shooting people. My little pocket of people were not hit. The next scene was me giving my statement. There was lots of blood and flashing lights. I hope this was a one-off and not the start of a new series of dreams. But it was so much tamer than what I had been having, my thought upon waking was more of "not this again, ugh" than fear or worry.

    No comments: