Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Back from Vaction

I am back from family vacation. We made a whirlwind tour of 2 states and saw everyone on both sides. The only ones we missed are SisterInLaw, whose work prevented her from doing anything fun, and Husband's uncle and family that live in Spain. But we skyped with them.

We went to a desert. It was hot.


This picture is from my phone. I will go through the pics from my camera and find a few good ones for you too.

Since back, I have been rereading old blog posts to remove any I wouldn't want co-workers to read. So far I've only found one. But I found another that had a line form my dissertation and a third where I said something mean and felt bad about it because I don't hold that opinion anymore. And it was insensitive. But damn, I complain a lot, ya'll. I don't know how you put up with it.

I was reading nicoleandmaggie's blog, and this post reminded me of some of my old posts. Let me quote the part that is relevant:
5. When you’re always complaining about the SAME THING and then you go and make BAD CHOICES that are going to result in the same thing you’re always complaining about only worse. We don’t mind complaining about the same thing if it’s justified (it’s not your fault your ex isn’t paying child-support), we don’t even mind what kinds of foolish choices you make with your money, it’s the digging yourself into a deeper hole just so you can complain even more that gets to us. We try reallly hard to never read your blog again, but sometimes Schadenfreude wins, and when that happens sometimes we say something even though we know it won’t do any good.
Well, it reminds me of some of my recent posts too because I mostly complain about being overworked, and that is almost all my fault. Certainly all from my choices--good choices, but still my choices. I mean, who goes to grad school while teaching a 4/4? A crazy person, that's who. They're not talking about me (because there are no sharply worded comments on my blog), but I was thinking about this before reading their post tonight. I complain a lot about problems of my own making. And honestly, that is part of why I don't blog as much anymore. I don't like reading about me being tired and overworked and not liking grading, so why would you? I haven't had the space to think about much more than work for a few years. So it's time to make some room. Expect some short posts while I try to figure out my interests again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We read your blog, regularly even, on purpose, without Schadenfreude. :)

Good luck figuring out what you want and how to make that happen!