Sunday, May 19, 2013

Thinking

I am posting something because I don't want to not be a blogger anymore. I like my little blog with my handful of readers. (Hello, handful of readers!)* But I don't know what to write. My thoughts are not particularly interesting, and one can only complain about grading so much. (There is a limit; it may not seem like it, but it's there.) So here is a little post that says I'm still here, just not sure about what to post.

I have a bunch of writing to do this summer. Lots of scholarly projects, but I miss writing creatively. Not that scholarship isn't creative too, but I miss having someone else live inside my head. I have some characters stuck in there, and they want to get out. They are tired of waiting their turn because it's never their turn. And let's say that I do carve out some time for them amidst all of the other writing I have to need to want to do. Who gets out first?

I know this is lazy-writer thinking--making up problems so that you don't actually have to start writing. I'm not really looking for advice here. I know what to do. But this is what I'm thinking. And so this is what I'm writing.

And now the dryer has buzzed, and I need to go empty it because I am going out of town tomorrow and need to wash more clothes.

And there are dragons in Skyrim that need their souls absorbed. So I have that to do too. 


*If you didn't read that in Fezzik's voice, I am very disappointed.

No comments: