Friday, December 02, 2011

Surgery

Even easy-peasy surgery is not fun, folks. So I had laparoscopic gallbladder surgery on Monday--four incisions, only the one in my belly button is bruised. But they all are sore. I'm actually more bruised from the IV and failed IV-insertion attempts.

It was supposed to be outpatient surgery, but I had to stay overnight as the anesthesia and I did not get along. I also did not get along with the hydrocodone, so I'm just on Tylenol as needed. I've been telling people I have a high tolerance for pain and a low tolerance for things that make me nauseated. Seriously, fast elevators make me ill (but roller coasters are usually fine).

It's not that painful, so I just avoid doing the things that hurt, like leaning over my desk to grade papers. ouch. I decided to take the full week off after staying overnight. I'm tired a lot, so that was a good decision. My very good friend drove me and has been helping me out this week. I am super thankful for her, but I still wish Husband had been here.

1 comment:

Anthea said...

Oh no...I'm sorry to hear that things are going well for you post-op. I'm glad that you've decided to take off a full week to recover since even if leaning over your desk to grade causes you pain..ouch things aren't good. Yes, you need to recover.