Saturday, December 10, 2011

Recovered, kinda

At least I'm recovered enough to be overwhelmed, weepy, and freaking out about all the shit to get done this week, just like everyone else.

Right now my side hurts, but it has been better the last few days. I can move around easier (I don't have to ease into bed anymore!). I think I just overdid it today with all of the grading (it's the leaning over the papers for extended periods of time that hurts), and while I don't think my backpack was too heavy, it could be a contributing factor (I went in to my office to grade so I specifically didn't have to carry a big stack of portfolios home).

I'm not behind with anything except the diss chapter I want to finish before I leave town, so it's mostly just the overwhelmed feeling that's causing the end-of-semester panic. I made a big ole' to do list, but feel silly posting it, so it's just on my desktop. I know this is just normal end-of-semester blues, but damnit, I wish I wasn't by myself. This long-distance relationship stuff sucks. Husband will be coming back with me after Christmas though. We aren't able to fly back on the same day, but at least the long-distance stuff ends in just over a week.


No comments: