Sunday, April 17, 2011

Paper Pets

This weekend I made this fish. I started with a 65-step fish, and then downgraded to a 25. Much more manageable for someone who hasn't done origami in 20 years. The bowl is a glass hamster ball. A friend who used to live here cast a hamster ball in glass and left it in the house. Did I mention that for the past 5 years or so, all of the previous tenants of this house have been artists and friends? Yeah, everyone left art here (not a lot, but maybe 1-2 pieces per person), much of it broken, but we did inherent a few interesting things which I have been placing around the house. We've also thrown several away. But this one has found new life as a fish bowl. Also, the bookshelf it's sitting on is one that Husband and I (mostly him) made this weekend.

2 comments:

Tree of Knowledge said...

I swear I know how to use commas correctly.

delagar said...

You can make bookshelves? Like from scratch? I am jealous!