I have been so freakin' busy. We're talking midterms or right before finals busy, not first month of classes busy. Sheesh. No time to blog in depth, so here's a quick and dirty list.
1. Husband's thesis show went up and was a huge success.
2. Husband successfully defended said thesis and set high bar for next round of students (he was the test subject for the department's new defense format).
3. Very conservative in-laws came and went.
4. I threw up in front of very concervative in-laws after no one listened to my pleas for real food after drinking half-price martinis. Why I didn't just leave them and find food I don't know.
4. 3 theory reading responses and reading the necessary theory.
5. My first French quiz. Je vais apprende le francais. or something like that.
6. Gobs of French homework. I forgot what a time suck learning a langugae is.
7. I'm supposed to be writing a 5-page paper right now that's due tomorrow.
8. Reading short student papers.
9. Teaching a bunch and all of the prep and work that goes into that.
One of my goals for this semester is to not procrastinate. You would think that starting a paper tehnight before it is due would me that I have failed. You would be wrong. I really haven't had time to work on it until now.
Husband's thesis show took up a lot of time, and I am very proud of how hard he worked and how awesome it turned out, but I am so glad it's over. After this week, I should be back to a normal level of insanely overworked and not this mess. He's been crazier than I have, so he's glad to be back to normal levels of stress too.
But yay and congratulations to Husband! He gets to graduate this semester now!
3 comments:
i am so glad everything went well for your DH!
and so glad that now you can return to normal stressors...lol
ilnisa
ah hahahaha about puking
yay to husband!
Wow! That is beyond busy. And congrats to your husband!!
Now, go take a nap. You deserve it.
Post a Comment