I'm not doing the work I'm supposed to be doing.
I ran into a professor on campus today. She's awesome and I kinda want to be like her. I'm going to meet with her at the end of this semester to get her advice on taking a paper I wrote last semester and turning it into an article. I'm excited. Anyway, she asked how I was, I told her busy--two conferences, teaching 4 classes, taking 2 classes, yada, yada. Her response, "Welcome to academia." And she bowed! with hands spread wide and everything. It was great. She was smiling when she said it, not being a bitch. And honestly, that has made feel me feel less overwhelmed and depressed than anything else.
That and the fact that I didn't get up at 4am to grade this morning.
Oh, and Halloween, it's next week. It's a chocolate holiday, where people pretend to be dead. I love it.
And, the conference I'm presenting at next month, aside from super-important-to-the-field-guy and super-popular-writer-guy being keynote speakers, one of the authors that I wrote about in my first (and only) article will be presenting on the book I wrote about. I had to ask to be rescheduled (flying from here takes forever!) as I was the first presenter of the first day, and while I expect to be there, if the airplane is late, I'll surely miss that presentation. I hope they don't put me opposite the writer I want to see.
1 comment:
"Chocolate holiday"--I love this. There really are only two kinds, aren't there--those with chocolate and those benighted ones that don't celebrate with chocolate?
Post a Comment