Sunday, October 14, 2007

If you're on Fall Break, I hate you

because none of the colleges/universities on this stupid island have Fall Break. We have Thanks-fucking-giving. Which is a whole month away!!! I need an extra two days. An extra two days will actually solve my problems, if I had them now. Thanksgiving is too late. By then I'll need a week.

Husband and I managed to take the whole weekend off. Neither of us had planned too, but I cried most of yesterday (normal meltdown, no need to be concerned). And today was a recovery day. We both had a bunch of work planned, just enough to keep from falling further behind. oops.

le sigh. I don't really hate you. I'm just super-envious. We don't have Fall either. It's a tropical paradise, where I get to work all of the time.

It is my own fault for committing to so much stuff (teaching--so I can live under a roof and eat food, grad school--so I can eventually teach something other than freshman comp, and conferences--so I'll be competitive on the job market in a few years).

If anyone figures out how to stop time around you, let me know, will ya? Or maybe just send me mood enhancers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could really use 2 extra days right now too. If you get any pointers about stopping time, do share them with the blogosphere! :)

Hope you are able to get caught up soon!u

Eddie said...

Um, but I don't want you do hate me? :D

Tree of Knowledge said...

Eddie, I don't hate you. I'm just super-duper jealous. ;) And you have fall, which just makes me even more jealous. Does it smell like fall yet?

Eddie said...

Not yet; the leaves have barely started to turn.